When your roof is broken down and performing poorly, it can severely impact not only your home’s curb appeal but also its energy efficiency and overall safety—which renders it essentially useless. After all, the roof’s most important job is to keep you and your family safe, and any damage to it is surely going to impede it from carrying out that function.
So, when it’s time to invest in a roof replacement for your home, it’s important that you know how to handle the process. When you’re prepared to make such an investment and you know what you’re looking for in a new system, everything will be much smoother for you.
Five Signs That Indicate It’s Time for a Roof Replacement
Replacing your home’s roof is a major decision that requires significant investments both in money and time. So, it’s important to make sure the issue with your system is truly worthy of a full-scale replacement rather than a simple repair. Here are some clear signs that indicate your roof needs to be replaced:
- Damaged or missing shingles – If you notice a difference in your roof’s appearance due to shingles that are cracked, chipped, weathered away, or flat-out missing, it’s likely time to have a new system installed.
- Frequent leaks – Small, periodic leaks are often fixable with minor repairs. But if you’re frequently seeing leaks pop up in different parts of your home’s ceiling, a simple repair may not be enough to address the issue.
- Water stains and streaks – Another visible sign that your roofing system isn’t performing as it should is the presence of stains and streaks. These can be indicative of water damage and mold or mildew growth.
- Weakened flashing – Your roof’s flashing protects the more vulnerable parts of the system, like the joints and edges where the walls and roof meet, from water damage. When flashing is compromised, water can penetrate your home much more easily.
- Visible sagging of the roof’s deck – If you look at your roof and notice that its deck is sagging, there may be a serious problem that calls for a roof replacement. Left unaddressed, a sagging deck can lead to significant damage to the structure of your home.
All of these issues require action, as waiting to address your faulty roof can lead to even costlier repairs down the road, especially if there is any interior water damage as a result. If you’re concerned about your roof’s condition and want an expert to take a look, you should find a local roofing contractor you can rely on.
Work With Exterior Source for Your Roof Replacement Project
For homeowners in Virginia, Exterior Source is the company to call for a high-caliber roof replacement. As a GAF Master Elite Roofer—a distinction held by just 3% of contractors nationwide—we install industry-leading asphalt shingles from GAF, the top roofing manufacturer in the industry. The systems we install provide an unbeatable combination of beauty and durability, and we offer a variety of color, style, and texture choices, with an extensive inventory that includes the best-selling Timberline HD® shingles.
If you want more information about our roof replacement work or the GAF asphalt shingles we install on homes throughout Virginia, contact Exterior Source today. We look forward to hearing from you!